|Tags: blood creek, creek, David Kajganich, Dominic Purcell, Emma Booth, Gold Circle Films, Henry Cavill, Joel Schumacher, limited, Michael Fassbender, Rainer Winkelvoss, Shea Whigham, town creek, Winter Ave Zoli|
In 1936, the Wollners -- a German family living in rural Town Creek, Maryland -- are contacted by the Third Reich to host a visiting scholar, Professor Ricard Wirth. In need of money, they accept Wirth into their home. Wirth’s grand occult project seals the Wollners off from the rest of the world and makes them players in a horrifying game of survival.
Now, in 2007, Evan Marshall's life has stalled at twenty-five years old. Left without answers after his older brother Victor's disappearance from a camping trip near Town Creek, he has tried to move on. But when Victor returns one night, very much alive and having escaped his captors, Evan asks no questions -- at his brother's request, he loads their rifles, packs up their boat and follows him back to Town Creek on a mission of revenge that will test them in every possible way.
- It's said that the movie's poor theatrical release is due to the new producing regime in Lionsgate, which took over after a key producer left the company for another competing studio.
- The film was completed in the summer of 2008, but Lionsgate has since been sitting on it until it secretly slipped into limited theaters on September 18th '09. The film is very much getting a release much like Midnight Meat Train, where Lionsgate released it to limited dollar theaters in select cities.
- The original project was announced back in 2004 with Peter Care set to direct and the plot revolved around the brothers experiencing a haunting.
- Fans may remember Joel Schumacher as the director of the 1987 vampire classic The Lost Boys.
- Produced by Gold Circle Films with Lionsgate distributing.
- Originally titled Town Creek, and changed again to simply Creek.
- Written by Dave Kajganich.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.