18th century justice has finally caught up to grave robbers Arthur Blake and Willie Grimes. With the specter of the guillotine looming over him, young Blake confides in visiting clergyman Father Duffy, recounting fifteen years of adventure in the resurrection trade. His tale leads from humble beginnings as a young boy stealing trinkets from corpses, to a partnership with seasoned ghoul Willie Grimes as they hunt creatures unwilling to accept their place in the ground. The colorful and peculiar history of Grimes and Blake is one filled with adventure, horror, and vicious rivalries that threaten to put all involved in the very graves they're trying to pilfer.
August 5, 2009 (VOD)
August 7, 2009 (Limited)
March 30, 2010 (DVD)
Now On DVD
Glass Eye Pix
- IFC Films will give the flick an on-demand release on August 5th before receiving a limited theatrical run starting on August 7th '09.
- Produced by Glass Eye Pix.
- You may remember actor Dominic Monaghan as "Charlie" from the hit ABC series Lost.
- The film is said to be an extension of Glenn McQuaid's short film, The Resurrection Apprentice.
- Glenn McQuaid's directorial debut, and also serving as writer, editor, and will handle the CGI effects.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.