James is heading to a music festival in the bush with girlfriend Sophie and best mate Wes. He plans to propose to her this weekend, unaware (for the moment) that she and Wes have been screwing on the sly. When their car breaks down, friendly local and co-owner of a struggling blood and bone fertilizer business, Reg Morgan stops to offer a lift. But Reg is eyeing off a business opportunity here: he and his partner, big brother Lindsay, have recently discovered a rich new ingredient to their organic blend - human corpses! James, Sophie and Wes are about to discover that relationships can be bloody hard work, especially when someone's trying to turn you into liquid fertilizer.
South Australian Film Corporation
MIFF Premiere Fund
- Actor John Jarratt (Wolf Creek) will have a guest appearance in the film.
- Alternate synopsis: 100 BLOODY ACRES is the story of brothers Reg and Lindsay Morgan's struggling organic blood and bone fertiliser business. To fill a big order they need a fresh supply of their 'secret' ingredient to process through the meat-grinder. By chance Reg comes across two guys and a girl with a broken-down vehicle on their way to a music festival. But Reg and Lindsay are not crazy -- they're just a small business.
- The film's screenplay won first place in the horror section of the Slamdance Screenwriting Competition.
- The debut feature from brothers Colin and Cameron Cairnes, who won several awards for their short 2009 film Celestial Avenue.
- This is an Aussie horror flick.