Elliot Brindle is a bright, meek social services coordinator, drowning in debt - and desperate as he's about to marry the love of his life. Upon receiving a phone call informing him that he’s on a hidden camera game show where he must execute 13 tasks to receive a sum total cash prize of $6.2M, Elliot dismissively follows through with his first two instructions: swat the fly that is currently bothering him, then eat the fly. With thousands of dollars suddenly appearing in his bank account, Elliot remains skeptical, though comforted by the knowledge that he can stop playing at anytime if only to lose every penny that he's won. Trapped into the horrors manipulated by unseen spectators, Elliot's need to complete the game escalates as the tasks grow more extreme, to a devastating point of no return.
- Premieres at 2014's SXSW Festival.
- Previously titled 13 and Angry Little God.
- Directed by Daniel Stamm (The Last Exorcism).
- Talks of a remake began stirring in Hollywood around 2008 when the original was released on DVD in the US.
- A positive review for the original can be found here.
- A remake of the 2006 Thai film entitled 13: Game of Death.
- No relation to the Crime/Thriller, 13, about a deadly game of Russian Roulette.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.