|Tags: 2001 maniacs, Ahmed Best, Andrea Leon, Bill Moseley, blood, Chris Kobin, Christa Campbell, Christopher Tuffin, COMEDY, DVD, gore, Lin Shaye, MISC, Nivek Ogre, Tim Sullivan, Trevor Wright|
After the sheriff refuses to cover up any further for the maniacs causing all the missing persons in the area, they're forced to hit the road in what's dubbed the "Pleasant Valley Traveling Road Show," where the maniacs head across country in hopes of gathering more victims. We'll follow a young TV crew called the "Road Rascals" as they find themselves mixed up with another one of the maniacs' deadly festivals.
- The film will have its North American premiere at the Texas Frightmare Film Festival on April 29th.
- Originally titled 2001 Maniacs: Beverly Hellbillys
- Bill Moseley replaces Robert Englund as "Mayor Buckman".
- Going straight-to-DVD via First Look Studios.
- Writer/director Tim Sullivan suffered injuries during the Driftwood premiere in October '06, involving a few overzealous security guards, which haulted pre-production of this film.
- Actor Bill Moseley also supplies some songs that we'll hear in the film, one of which is called "Dirty Sperm Rag".
- Said to be the second installment in a planned trilogy, with the third being 2001 Maniacs: The Hellbillys Have Eyes, but that depends on DVD sales of this one.
- Unlike the first film Raw Nerve will not be involved with the production.
- The film will follow the same formula that made the previous film so entertaining.
- The obvious sequel to 2001 Maniacs.
3/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.