|Tags: 28 days later, 28 months later, 28 weeks later, action, Danny Boyle, infection, MISC, post-apocalyptic, SEQUELS, survival, virus, walking dead|
No official plot yet.
- Danny Boyle had an interview recently where this project was briefly brought up. Here's what he had to say: "I don’t like zombie movies. I never did. We took a genre and fucked with it. Zombie aficionados, they’re quite precious with all their rules. Like with running: “They don’t do that!” Of course there are so many manifestations of zombies now, the rule book has gone out the window. I saw one episode of The Walking Dead, and it was very gripping. But the zombies were stumbling around again, which I hate. Given what we’ve just been talking about, it’s very difficult to know whether zombies are overexposed now as a concept. So it’s 40/60 whether [the movie] happens or not." (4/15/13)
- This project is merely in the "talking stages," as its been long discussed to pursue a third film, however nothing concrete has been revealed.
- A third entry was talked about around the release of 28 Weeks Later back in 2007, but it hasn't moved from the talking stages since.
- It's rumored that original 28 Days Later director Danny Boyle wants to return to direct this pic.
- This film would follow 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.