It’s been a year since the Alaskan town of Barrow’s population was decimated by vampires during its annual month long sunset. Riddled with grief over the death of her husband, bound by nightmares and void of all emotions beyond hate and sorrow, Stella (Sanchez) has spent the past months traveling the world, trying to convince others that vampires exist.
Met with skepticism and laughter, Stella is ready to throw in the towel when a group of lost souls (Coiro, Baird and Perrineau) offers an incredible opportunity: the chance to exact revenge upon Lilith (Kirshner), the vampire queen responsible for the assault on her sleepy Alaskan town. With nothing remaining to live for, and nothing left to fear, Stella joins their mission and ventures into the uncharted underbelly of Los Angeles where she pushes herself to the most extreme limits to stop the evil from striking again.
- Filming in Vancouver, Canada.
- Going straight to DVD via Ghost House Underground.
- David Slade (Hard Candy) will not return as director.
- It's said that the movie follows the plot of the book closely, but takes place in LA instead of Alaska.
- The original premise was reported as follows: "Stella Olemaun heads to Los Angeles after surviving the vampire attack in Barrow, Alaska, where she intentionally attracts the attention of the local vampire population in order to avenge the death of her husband, Eben, during the Barrow incident."
- Melissa George (Stella) was reportedly interested in reprising her role in the sequel, but due to scheduling conflicts, was unable to.
- Actress Melissa George has been replaced by Kiele Sanchez for the character of Stella Oleson.
- It's said that a third film will follow, completing as a trilogy.
- Based on the sequel to the original graphic novel, entitled Dark Days.
- Steve Niles returns as co-writer, with series writer Ben Ketai also tackling the script.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.