The movie is about a family that unwittingly brings a supernatural force home with them from vacation. Feeding off their own fears, the evil presence threatens to destroy them from within as it takes over their lives and home, with terrifying results.
- Jennifer Morrison will "play one half of a fun-loving couple that joins Bacon and Mitchell’s family on their summer getaway."
- Matt Walsh (Veep) plays "Gary Carter, who's described as a guy’s guy, quick with a bad joke and a cold beer."
- Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime in March 2014 in LA.
- Fans may recognize Aussie director Greg Mclean from Wolf Creek and Rogue.
- This was originally going to be the first of three films produced under Lionsgate's new "micro-budget" production initiative, where they would produce up to 10 films a year with a budget of under $2-million. That fell through when director Greg Mclean went to direct Wolf Creek 2 instead. Now that he's back, Blumhouse Productions and Chapter One Films are producing.
- Supposedly "based on a true story".
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.