The story is about a man who awakens one morning with the crystal-clear realization that we are surrounded daily by the presence of aliens that are controlling society.
- Matt Reeves will reportedly being "working immediately" on the script. (4/11/11)
- Writer/director Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In) was quoted saying: "I saw an opportunity to do a movie that was very point-of-view driven, a psychological science fiction thriller that explores this guy’s nightmare. There could be a desperate love story at the center of this. Carpenter took a satirical view of the material and the larger political implication that we’re being controlled. I am very drawn to the emotional side, the nightmare experience with the paranoia of Invasion of the Body Snatchers or a Roman Polanski-style film."
- Aside from being based on the same source material, this offers no other connection to They Live and is not considered a remake.
- The short story this is based on was also the basis for the 1988 John Carpenter film They Live.
- Based on the Ray Nelson short story with the same name.