Tells the story of our 16th president’s secret battle and vendetta against vampires that began after they murdered his mother when he was still a child.
- Rufus Sewell (Dark City, Vinyan) plays the head vampire in the film.
- Actor Anthony Mackie offered high praise for what we can expect from the film in a recent interview, saying: "[the action scenes are ] unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. He [director Timur Bekmambetov] realized that this fabricated story is so far out there that he had to go all the way out to make it work. So, he just went as far as he could with the CGI and that trademark Timur cranking of shots and the storytelling. Abraham Lincoln is like The Matrix of the next generation. It’s going to do to film what The Matrix did to film."
- Alan Tudyk (Tucker & Dale vs Evil) plays Stephen A. Douglas a vampire ally to Abraham Lincoln.
- Nine Inch Nails frontman and Academy Award winner, Trent Reznor was rumored to be scoring and making a cameo appearance as a vampire that kills Abe Lincoln's mom. This was validated by Reznor himself at the official NIN site, as he thought he would do it at the time. However, he recently revealed at the same site that he will NOT be involved with the project afterall. (3/11/11)
- Jimmi Simpson (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) will play Abe's "right hand man" against the battle of the bloodsuckers.
- Actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) will play Lincoln's love interest/wife "Mary Todd".
- Robin McLeavy (The Loved Ones) was rumored to be playing "Mary Todd," but instead will have a brief appearance as Abe's mother, Nancy Hanks Lincoln, who gets killed by a vampire early on in the film.
- Relatively unknown actor Benjamin Walker (Flags of our Fathers) is set to play Abraham Lincoln.
- Production was originally said to begin January 24th 2011 in New Orleans.
- This is the casting call for actors looking to play Lincoln: Age: Late 20s to late 30s. PLEASE NOTE THE SAME ACTOR WILL PLAY ABRAHAM AS HE AGES FROM 20 to 56. At 20, not yet the iconic image we associate with our 16th President, this version of Abe is tall, boyish, and occasionally impulsive; a kind, intelligent, well-spoken and good-hearted man, if a bit awkward at social events and around the ladies. He’s also an extremely skilled fighter. Abe works as a shopkeeper, lawyer and burgeoning political figure by day. He woos Mary Todd and debates Stephen Douglas, preparing for an eventual run for the Presidency. Seen also in middle age, extremely tall with a lined face and a trademark beard and stovepipe hat, he is a thoughtful, extraordinary orator. Honest Abe wins the White House in the midst of growing strife between the North and South. Despite his advanced age, Mr. Lincoln remains an innovative and fearsome fighter...
- Tom Hardy (Inception) was rumored to be playing Lincoln at one point.
- Despite the silly premise and comedic promo video for the book, the film is said to not be a comedy.
- This will be in 3D.
- It's said that the traditional look of Lincoln (Top hat, beard) will remain the same.
- Producer Timur Bekmambetov (Day/Night Watch, Wanted) directs.
- Author Seth Grahame-Smith is also adapting the script for the big screen.
- Budgeted at an estimated $69-million.
- Tim Burton, Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted) and Jim Lemley re-team for this project, after working together for the animated pic 9.
- Based on the novel by Seth Grahame-Smith (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.