An ambitious female television news intern, on the verge of breaking the most famous haunted house case in the world, leads a team of journalists, clergymen and paranormal researchers into an investigation of the bizarre events that will come to be known as The Amityville Horror ... only to unwittingly open a door to the unreal that she may never be able to close.
- Fans may recognize actor Cameron Monaghan as "Ian" from the Showtime series Shameless.
- Director Franck Khalfoun also helmed the Maniac remake.
- Previously titled The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes.
- Originally had a January 27th 2012 then a January 3rd 2014 theatrical release.
- Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime during the Summer of 2011.
- This is the first film to be produced under the agreement between Miramax and The Weinstein Company to create sequels to some of Miramax's best-known properties.
- The project was initially going to be found footage, but that idea was dropped.
- Was originally said to "showcase the events after the time of the original The Amityville Horror book and movie through found footage dating back to 1976."
- No relation to The Amityville Legacy 3D.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.