Tells the tale of the centuries-old, devil-like creature known the world over as the Krampus – the “Anti-Claus” of Alpine country folklore, infamous for eating naughty children during the season of giving.
Haley Joel Osment
- Filming is aimed to begin sometime in September 2014.
- Kevin Smith was quoted saying: "When I was a kid, if they wanted to make a Christmas horror movie, they’d stick an axe in Santa’s hands. In Anti-Claus, we leave Santa alone and creep with the Krampus through twisted tales of holly-jolly murder, desire, desperation and despair. Just in time for the holiday season." He adds..."In America, we’re taught that nice kids gets presents from Santa and naughty kids get coal. But in countries like Germany, Austria, Bavaria, Romania and Hungary, Christmas is more metal than merry: Saint Nicholas brings a sack full of toys for good kids and the Krampus carries an empty bag for taking away the bad kids. I wanna see THAT Christmas movie. So rather than wait for it, we’ll make it instead."
- Kevin Smith is reportedly reuniting most of his Tusk cast for this film.
- Robert Kurtzman, the SFX legend behind the makeup for Tusk, also returns to create the Krampus.
- Initially titled Comes the Krampus.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.