Officially, Apollo 17, launched December 17th, 1972 was the last manned mission to the moon. But a year later, in December of 1973, two American astronauts were sent on a secret mission to the moon funded by the US Department of Defense. What you are about to see is the actual footage which the astronauts captured on that mission. While NASA denies its authenticity, others say it’s the real reason we’ve never gone back to the moon.
September 2, 2011
December 27, 2011 (DVD)
Now On DVD
PG-13 "some disturbing sequences, and language."
- Originally had a March 4th, a April 22nd 2011, a January 6th 2012, then a August 26th 2011 theatrical release.
- Budgeted at an estimated $5-million.
- This marks director Gonzalo López-Gallego's English-language debut.
- Produced by Russian filmmaker Timur Bekmambetov (Day/Night Watch, Wanted)
- Trevor Cawood was originally set to direct before getting replaced by Spanish filmmaker Gonzalo López-Gallego (King of the Hill).
- This is yet another "found footage" mockumentary-type film.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.