Set in a quarantined Las Vegas in the not-too-distant future, where a father and a group of mercenaries attempt to enter the quarantined area in hopes of saving the man's daughter.
Cruel & Unusual Films
Village Roadshow Pictures
Warner Bros. Pictures
Matthijs van Heijningen
- Director Matthijs van Heijningen's update on the project from a few years ago pretty much sums up what happened here--the budget was basically way too high. Nothing has changed since. (1/15/14)
- Director Matthijs van Heijningen offered an update on what happened with the project, saying: "We were in pre-production for Warner Bros. - this was around October 2008 - and the movie became bigger and bigger [budget-wise] because it was so difficult to shoot in Las Vegas. Then the financial crisis happened, Wall Street collapsed and Warner Bros. pulled the plug. We were storyboarding and casting, but it fell apart. It was an expensive movie." (10/4/11)
- Apprently the script had "crazy zombies raping human females making hybrid zombies and stuff."
- Producer Zack Snyder hopes to have the film play in a epic-style that hasn't been done for the zombie genre.
- Joby Harold (Awake) wrote the script.
- The story is based on an original idea by Snyder.
- You may remember Zack Snyder as the director for the Dawn of the Dead remake and 300.
- Zack Snyder and his wife are producing through their recently launched company, Cruel & Unusual Films, based at Warners Bros. Wesley Coller is executive producing.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.