George, Max and Ricky are in a rock band and waiting for their big breakthrough. Between small gigs and rehearsals they work in the kitchen of a high-security asylum for good pay at minimum risk - they have no physical contact with the inmates. One night just before dinnertime, a big storm shuts down the security system, the doors open and the lunatics break loose. Help is on its way and should soon arrive... they just have to survive until it does.
- IFC Midnight will distribute the film in the US.
- Originally titled The Incident then for a brief period had the title Asylum Uprising.
- A couple audience members reportedly fainted during a screening of the film at the TIFF. Apparently, one person fainted when one of the cooks was tied to a stove top and burned alive.
- Premiered at 2011's Toronto International Film Festival.
- Also known as The Incident at Sans Asylum.
- Sam Raimi's Ghost House Pictures (The Grudge, 30 Days of Night, Drag Me to Hell) was originally producing the project.
- At the early development stages Spanish director Daniel Calparsoro (The Absent) was going to helm the project.
- Began development in 2007, but didn't actually start filming until January 2011.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.