No official plot yet, but the original was about a seemingly perfect daughter, who turns to killing.
- In 2005 this project was said to be on the "fast track", but things apparently fell through, and now that Eli Roth has several other projects in development, it's unlikely he'll be back to helm this project anytime soon (assuming it happens).
- This was intended to be a very hard R-rated film.
- It's said that Eli's initial concept for the film would "take the premise of the original, but instead of retelling that exact story, he would use it as a jumping off point for a character that he's giddy about".
- It was once said that there would be more blood and a higher body count than the original.
- Director Eli Roth was hoping to create a new horror icon with the 8-year-old killer from this flick.
- The original was actually based on a stage play.
- A remake of the 1956 horror film, which was also the first flick to have a child killer.