Bad Vibes is set in the psychedelic rock scene of the late ‘60’s, where Sunrise Majesty is at the top of the charts with their message of ‘free love’ for all. But after an encounter with a strange groupie, bandleader and mastermind Max Cassidy is left with a gift that can’t be cured with a shot of penicillin. Max has been touched with the curse of the werewolf, transforming him into a dark and brooding nihilist whose new sound is almost as disturbing as his new plan: to hold a huge love-in at the band’s ranch where he and the group will infect all their fans, unless Cynthia, Max’s girlfriend and the last untouched member of the band, can stop them.
- Written and directed by Dave Gebroe (Zombie Honeymoon).
- Indie musician "Ariel Pink" will serve as the film's composer. He was quoted saying: "The script totally blew me away with its horrifying revisionist take on the Sixties. It’s like a bizarro-world chronology of free love, dark psychedelic music and permissiveness gone hog-wild. My fans will get to hear a side of Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti that no one’s ever heard before, and that couldn’t be more inspiring to me creatively."
- John Landis executive produces.
- Produced by Elijah Wood under his SpectreVision banner.
- Described as "werewolf tale set in the psychedelic '60s music scene."
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.