In a sleepy coastal resort community, shoppers at an underground supermarket find themselves terrorized by a crazed bandit when the unimaginable occurs... A monstrous freak tsunami swallows the town.
Now trapped inside a flooded supermarket with an armed maniac and rushing water threatening to entomb them all in a watery grave, tensions mount, tempers snap, and the imprisoned band of survivors discover the threat from without has ignited an even more immediate threat from within. Their own desire to survive whatever the cost.
However as hostilities reach breaking point the survivors discover they are not alone. The tsunami has brought some unwanted visitors from the depths, and as the waters rise they must overcome not only the threat of drowning and the human menace within their midst, but a threat more deadly than both and far more bloodthirsty... packs of hungry tiger sharks.
- The film will receive a limited theatrical run, but you can request it to play in your city via Tugg.
- Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime in July 2010 in the Warner Roadshow Studios in Queensland.
- Director Kimble Rendall's directorial debut was Cut in 2000 and has since been serving as Second Unit Director for films like the last two Matrix films, Ghost Rider, and Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.
- Russell Mulcahy (Resident Evil: Extinction and Give 'em Hell, Malone) stepped down as director and has been replaced by Kimble Rendall (Cut).
- Said to be the first Australian film in 3D.
5/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.