|Tags: Alfred Hitchcock, based on short story, Diederik Van Rooijen, Jonathan Herman, Juliet Snowden, killer birds, Mandalay Pictures, Martin Campbell, MISC, Naomi Watts, Platinum Dunes, REMAKES, Stiles White, Universal Pictures|
You voted ‘up’
No official plot yet, but the original told of a town riddled with birds which attack anyone in sight.
- Director Diederik Van Rooijen is best known as the writer and director of the Dutch television series Penoza, which has been remade for U.S. audiences as ABC's Red Widow.
- Dennis Iliadis (Last House on the Left '09) was aiming for an R-rating when he was still attached to direct.
- It's said that when Martin Campbell was set to direct that he was aiming for a PG-13 rating.
- Martin Campbell (Casino Royale) was once attached to direct.
- Naomi Watts was loosely attached to star for a number of years, but she's officially not involved now.
- Once had a tentative July 3, '09 theatrical release set.
- Actor George Clooney was once rumored to star.
- Currently in development since 2005.
- Production was originally said to begin in the Fall of '07.
- It's said that in this film there will be an explanation as to why the birds attack people.
- One of the script's earlier drafts was written by the duo Stiles White and Juliet Snowden (Boogeyman, The Possession).
- Platinum Dunes is in talks to work with Mandalay Pictures to produce this.
- The film will be based on the short story by Daphne Du Maurier, which was the inspiration for Hitchcock's movie.
- Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes (TCM and Amityville remakes) production company are behind this.
- A remake of the classic 1963 Hitchcock film with the same name.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.