Story follows a FBI agent who is drawn into a classified military program that trains its operatives to use paranormal abilities.
- One of the producers was quoted saying: "Len and Zak have created a truly original piece of science fiction that reimagines the spy genre set in the world of the supernatural. This is exactly the type of original storytelling that we want to produce, and I am thrilled to be in business with both of them."
- Len Wiseman has also directed the first two Underworld films, Live Free or Die Hard and the Total Recall remake.
- In the early development stages Wiseman showed interest in potentially casting his wife Kate Beckinsale in the film.
- Back in 2003 Len Wiseman was quoted saying the following about the film: "We're doing a movie called Black Chapter, which in its pitch was The Sixth Sense meets La Femme Nikita. When you get down to it, it's really fucking cool. It's the CIA using ethereal agents. I've never seen a ghost movie done as a slick action film. There's thrillers. There's comedies. There's horror. Never mixing ghosts with an adrenaline-full, kick-ass action movie."
- This project has been in development for over a decade, but has recently received new financing.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.