A trio of childhood friends reunite for a camping trip on a woodsy getaway off the coast of Maine. Sarah, the group’s peacekeeper, tricks Abby and Lou into spending time together after a tricky romantic mishap drove a wedge between them. Bad blood appears to subside, but its relevance dissolves in the face of a much larger problem: when the group runs into a war veteran they know from high school, a nighttime hangout session turns sour and the women of Black Rock have to confront something far more dangerous-and heavily armed- than their feelings.
May 17, 2013 (Limited)
July 30, 2013 (DVD)
Now On DVD
R "strong violence, pervasive language, sexual references and brief graphic nudity."
- LD Entertainment will distribute in the US.
- Made its premiere at 2012's Sundance Film Festival.
- Alternate synopsis: Three childhood friends set aside their personal issues and reunite for a girls' weekend on a remote island off the coast of Maine. One wrong move turns their weekend getaway into a deadly fight for survival.
- Described as a "mix between Deliverance and Thelma And Louise."
- Katie Aselton was quoted saying: "I grew up watching classic suspense films and have long had the idea of making a girl-based thriller where the threat to the characters is very real, and the audience is left with the terrifying thought 'this could happen to me."
- Directed by Katie Aselton (The League) and written by her husband Mark Duplass (The League, Cyrus).
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.