The original film told the story of an object from space that crashes into a field and releases a red blob-like substance onto the land that absorbs and grows with anything it comes in contact with.
Jack H. Harris Enterprises
Worldwide Entertainment Corporation
- Rob Zombie will reportedly not be directing this project any longer as he feels that he needs to break away from any "pre-existing material". It's unclear whether he will still remain on board as producer.
- Production was initially hoped to begin in Spring 2010.
- Estimated budget to be around the $20 to $30-million dollar range.
- When Rob was still involved he was quoted saying: "My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing, that’s the first thing I want to change. That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now. I have a totally different take, one that’s pretty dark."
- Original producer Jack H. Harris returns.
- Rob Zombie was originally going to write, produce, and direct this project.
- A remake of the original 1958 film.