After an outlaw unknowingly leads a band of cannibalistic Troglodytes into the peaceful western town of Bright Hope, the monsters kidnap several settlers, including the wife of a faithful rancher. Despite his injured leg, the rancher joins a small rescue party with the sheriff, his aging deputy and the strong-willed gunslinger and they start a journey into the hell to descend the unknown territories of darkness where savage beasts armed with the ultimate weapon leave you no hope.
Floren Shieh Productions
Caliber Media Company
S. Craig Zahler
S. Craig Zahler
Gray Wolf Herrara
- Lili Simmons will play "Samantha O’Dwyer, the de facto doctor of Bright Hope and the dedicated wife to Patrick Wilson’s Arthur O’Dwyer."
- David Arquette and Sid Haig plays "a couple of filthy brigands whose actions set off a string of violent repercussions."
- Kathryn Morris will play "the wife to Kurt Russell’s Sheriff Hunt."
- Evan Jonigkeit will play "a young deputy sheriff."
- Patrick Wilson will play "Arthur O’Dwyer, a driven and thoughtful cowboy whose rise to the foreman position of a cattle outfit is interrupted by an unfortunate accident that reshapes his life in unforeseen ways."
- Matthew Fox will play "John Brooder, the eloquent, albeit inscrutable gentleman whose dark inclinations have put him and his polished weapons at the very edge of the western frontier."
- Filming was aimed to begin sometime August 2013 in Utah and was also going to star Timothy Olyphant, Jennifer Carpenter and Peter Sarsgaard.
- The directorial debut of S. Craig Zahler (Asylum Blackout).
- The movie takes place in the mid-1800's around the border of what is now Texas and New Mexico.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.