No official plot yet.
No official plot yet.
- Apparently pre-production on the film has been put on hold as they go back to working on the script. The studio was quoted saying: "After thoughtful consideration, Universal Pictures and director Bill Condon have decided to postpone Bride of Frankenstein. None of us want to move too quickly to meet a release date when we know this special movie needs more time to come together. Bill is a director whose enormous talent has been proven time and again, and we all look forward to continuing to work on this film together." Javier Bardem and Angelina Jolie are apparently waiting on the finished script before comitting to the project. (10/5/17)
- Originally had a February 14th 2019 release.
- Angelina Jolie is in talks to play the Bride.
- Producer Alex Kurtzman had a recent interview where he talks a bit about the current script by David Koepp, saying: "David Koepp wrote a brilliant script. A brilliant script with a very unique structure and a central relationship that I think is gonna be relatable to a lot of people while also being very true to what I believe people love about Bride. Here’s the weird thing about Bride Of Frankenstein. It is one of the weirdest movies you’ll ever see in your life. It is such a strange film. What amazes me is that the bride doesn’t show up until, what, the last ten minutes of the film? Doesn’t say anything, rejects Frankenstein, he pulls a lever and the building explodes and that’s the end of it. It’s not like she has long monologues, it’s not like you get to know her character, it’s not like she goes out into the world. There’s almost no screen time with her." Adding... "And yet everybody remembers the iconic look, the hair, who she was. Articles have been written, there’s Halloween costumes. It’s an enduring character because there’s something mysterious about her and that look, and the idea that she was created to serve another man. Which is gonna be an interesting thing to tackle in this day and age. It might be something we subvert in our film. It will be really interesting to see where we go because I actually think that Bride is maybe a lot more accessible as a character than you may think. Mostly because she’s not really a character yet based on the original Bride Of Frankenstein." (6/10/17)
- Director Bill Condon was quoted saying: "I’m very excited to bring a new Bride of Frankenstein to life on screen, particularly since James Whale’s original creation is still so potent. The Bride of Frankenstein remains the most iconic female monster in film history, and that’s a testament to Whale’s masterpiece—which endures as one of the greatest movies ever made."
- Actor Javier Bardem will play Frankenstein's Monster.
- Written by David Koepp (Jurassic Park, Stir of Echoes, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit).
- Directed by Bill Condon (Beauty and the Beast 2017).
- This is part of Universal's new "Dark Universe," where they're rebooting the classic monster films from their library and intend to have them all link together with common characters, similar to what Marvel has been doing with their superhero films.
- This is a remake of the classic 1935 film with the same name.