Days after a killer virus consumed his friends; Paul emerges from a ditch by a river. Though his body has been ravaged by the virus, he is determined to survive and to warn others of the danger. However, a water bottling plant has already distributed contaminated water to the local high school. The school's students are excitedly preparing for the prom, unaware they're about to have a grisly date with death.
- Writer/director Ti West is reportedly upset over the editing Lionsgate did for the film and wishes he could "disown it".
- The film originally had an April '09 then an October '09 DVD release.
- Going straight-to-DVD via Lionsgate.
- The project was completed back in September '07, but Lionsgate apparently didn't find his more comedy-than-horror, social commentary cut of the film very appealing, so opted to hire another editor to recut the film. Due to budget restraints, an editor wasn't hired until much later.
- Filmed in North Carolina.
- Judah Friedlander plays the Down Home Water security guard.
- Mark Borchardt plays Winston's cousin from Wombusaw.
- Larry Fessenden plays an ill-fated water truck driver.
- Original producer Lauren Moews is reportedly heading the project along.
- The obvious sequel to the first film that was written and directed by Eli Roth.
5/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.