|Tags: 3d, Anna Hutchison, Bradley Whitford, cabin in the woods, Chris Hemsworth, Drew Goddard, Joss Whedon, Kristen Connolly, MGM, MISC, Richard Jenkins|
Revolves around a "young professional" who visits a quaint cabin in the woods with a group of friends and ends up scratching the surface of something so massive and horrific that they can only begin to fathom it as time quickly runs out.
- Making its world premiere at this year's South by Southwest Film Festival.
- Lionsgate will team with MGM to distribute the film theatrically.
- Although the premise is still kept underwraps, it's revealed that there will be "a lot of scary monsters".
- It's said that due to positive response towards the project so far that MGM has decided to push the release date back a year in order to convert the film into 3D.
- MGM will distribute.
- Joss and Drew have purposely kept the premise and any kind of solid info on the project under wraps.
- This marks writer Drew Goddard's directorial debut.
- Originally had an October '09, a February 5, 2010, and a January 14th 2011 theatrical release.
- Co-written by Drew Goddard (Cloverfield) and Joss Whedon (Serenity, Buffy series).
8/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.