|Tags: Bradley Cooper, Christian Alvart, evil child, evil kid, Ian McShane, Renée Zellweger, SUPERNATURAL|
Revolves around family services social worker Emily Jenkins (Renée Zellweger), who thinks she has seen it all... until she meets 10-year old Lilith Sullivan (Jodelle Ferland) and the child's cruel and dangerous parents. Her worst fears are confirmed when the parents try to harm Lily, their only daughter.
Frightened for her life, Emily enlists the help of Detective Mike Barron (Ian McShane) and takes Lily in while she continues the search for the perfect foster family. Just as it seems as though Lily is on her way to a more loving home, under the guidance of Emily and psychiatrist (Bradley Cooper), dark forces surrounding this young girl come to light and, little do they know, their attempts to protect her will only bring on greater horror…
- Originally set to have an August, then February 8th '07 theatrical release, then it was once again pushed to August 22nd '08, then again to April 10th '09. It was later given a January 1st 2010 release, but it was suddenly removed.
- Filming was originally set to begin July 31 in Vancouver, but was pushed to August 15th.
- The project was originally set up at Morgan Creek Prods., with Universal Pictures distributing.
- Kevin Misher is producing through his Paramount-based Misher Films alongside Anonymous Content's Steve Golin.
- Morgan Creek optioned the script in 2004 and sat on it for 18 months, then Paramount took over and moved the project forward.
- The full script title is Case No. 39.
- Ray Wright wrote the script.
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.