When a powerful signal is broadcast across mobile networks worldwide, cell phone users' minds are instantly and dangerously re-programmed. Heading north through New England in search of his wife and son, Clay Riddell (Cusack) is joined by a group of survivors hoping to fend off the bloodthirsty and hyper-connected "phoners."
The Genre Co.
Samuel L. Jackson
- Filming is aimed to begin sometime early 2014.
- Samuel L. Jackson plays "Tom McCourt, an engineer and former soldier who escapes from Boston along with Cusack’s character, Clay Riddell, after a mysterious pulse, transmitted by cell phones, spreads like a virus through the human population."
- Director Tod Williams also helmed Paranormal Activity 2.
- Although originally planned as a theatrical feature, the producers have since decided to go the mini-series route and are currently shopping the project around to various networks.
- It's said that the new script by Harrison will be less like a zombie story and more like a Village of the Damned-esque chiller, with the infected having a hive-like mentality.
- John Harrison (Clive Barker's Book of Blood) is now scripting.
- Eli Roth was originally going to direct after finishing Hostel 2, but eventually left the project after a difference in opinion with the producers.
- Dimension Films is behind this.
- Based on the Stephen King novel with the same name.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.