ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 picks up three months after we last left ChromeSkull (Principe) at the end of the original Laid to Rest. Tommy (Dekker), who’s struggling to come to terms with his encounter with the masked killer, has now gone missing courtesy of the maniacal Preston (Green), a mysterious player in the sequel with a sinister connection to ChromeSkull.
Meanwhile, our killer has set his sights on a new girl, Jess (Michaels), and after the young girl disappears, Detective King (Yeoman) must race against the clock to find her and Tommy before it’s too late and try to put an end to ChromeSkull’s deadly legacy.
- Image Entertainment will distribute the film in the US.
- Began filming on November 2010 in LA.
- Actor Michael Biehn has stepped away from the project, as he is persuing a directing gig and has been replaced by Owain Yeoman.
- Director Robert Hall had this to say about the sequel: "You can't really make a Laid to Rest movie and not have the best gore effects. We're doubling the carnage and doubling the fun. I know we raised the bar on the last one, but people have no idea what's in store in that department for the sequel - it's the original and THEN SOME. I'm so happy to have such a stellar cast involved, and I think Kevin and I have come up with a cool way to bring Chromey back without going all nutty and breaking our own rules."
- Previous writer/director Robert Hall also returns.
- Thomas Dekker and ChromeSkull killer Nick Principe return.
- The obvious sequel to 2009's gory straight-to-DVD slasher Laid to Rest.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.