It is the story of a young woman who discovers a supernatural evil that terrorizes her town and leaves her committed committed to a mental hospital. Years later the evil returns. Now the young woman teams up with her doctor, who first treated her years ago and became a famous author at her expense, together they must stop an evil that no one else believes to exist.
Senator Entertainment Co
The Mayhem Project
The Weinstein Company
- David R. Ellis was one of the last names attached to the director's chair, however his death in 2013 pretty much took care of anything moving forward with his name still attached. Here's what Ellis had to say about the script in 2011: "Clock Tower is about a spirit force that takes over peoples bodies and makes them do really horrific things. It kind of goes from body to body searching for people with an elevated heartbeat. At the right time it gets in there and people go crazy and start killing other people. It's really well written and it's going to be a lot of fun."
- According to Martin Weisz financing for the project "collapsed" and it's now in a limbo stage.
- Director Martin Weisz is said to no longer be attached to the project.
- Actresses Brittany Snow (Prom Night 2008) and Louise Lombard were rumored to have roles in the film at one point.
- Was originally supposed to begin production in LA on November '08.
- The company Mayhem Projects is behind this.
- It's said that the film will be based on Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within.
- Written by Eric Poppen (Borderland).
- Eric Valette (One Missed Call '08) was supposedly attached as director at one point.
- Chilean director Jorge Olguin was once attached to direct, with a production start in the Winter of '06.
- Todd Farmer, Jake Wade Wall (When a Stranger Calls '06), and David Coggeshell have all taken cracks at the script.
- Todd Farmer (Jason X) was originally set to adapt the story to the big screen, which was supposed to be based on the Clock Tower 3 game.
- Based on the Capcom video game series.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.