On the edge of the Antarctic Circle, a ship approaches a desolate island far from all shipping lanes. On board is a young man, on his way to assume the post of weather observer, to live in solitude at the end of the earth. But on shore he finds no trace of the man whom he has been sent to replace, just a deranged castaway who has witnessed a horror he refuses to name. Then the night falls, and the young man will soon realize that with each night comes an army of humanoid killer amphibians...
- Filming was originally scheduled for March 2010 in Iceland.
- Director David Slade (30 Days of Night) was originally set to direct before getting replaced by French helmer Xavier Gens (Frontiere(s)).
- Described as an "Antarctic island horror/psychological thriller."
- Scripted by Jesus Olmo (28 Weeks Later).
- Budgeted at an estimated $25-million.
- Produced by Kanzaman.
- Based on the best-selling Spanish novel by Albert Sanchez Pinol.