When Elena's (Emma Fitzpatrick) friends take her to a secret party at an undisclosed location, she never imagined she would become the latest victim of The Collector, a psychopathic killer. The Collector kidnaps and transports her to an abandoned hotel he's transformed into his own private maze of torture and death. Upon learning of his daughter's disappearance, Elena's wealthy father (Christopher McDonald) hires a group of mercenaries to retrieve her from the vicious grips of The Collector. These mercenaries coerce Arkin (Josh Stewart), the only man to have escaped the wrath of this heinous monster, to lead them through the gruesome labyrinth. Now, Arkin finds himself fighting for his own life in order to save Elena.
- Liddell Entertainment will release the film theatrically under their new distribution label, LD Distribution.
- Filming completed on February 25th 2011.
- Filmed in Atlanta, Georgia (1/21/11).
- Altnerate synopsis: Follows an ex-con, Arkin, as he is blackmailed into helping save a beautiful girl, Elena, kidnapped by the psychopathic killer, "The Collector." Arkin is the only person who knows the location of the Collector's sanctuary and is coerced to take a team of mercenaries, hired by the girl's father, to his hideout. Arkin must lead the group through a maze of meticulous and deranged traps with the knowledge that saving Elena is his only hope for survival.
- Alternate synopsis: Follows Arkin, who somehow escapes the vicious grips of The Collector during an entrapment party where he adds beautiful Elena to his "collection." Instead of recovering from the trauma, Arkin is suddenly abducted from the hospital by mercenaries hired by Elena's wealthy father. Arkin is blackmailed to team up with the mercenaries and track down The Collector's booby trapped hide out and save Elena from his sadistic rituals.
- Co-writer Patrick Melton spoke a bit more on the film recently, saying: "The film is a tight little horror flick that expands the universe a bit and sheds more light on ‘The Collector’, our masked killer. For the first film we saw the killer out in the world, but for this one we're mainly trapped in his house of horrors. We pick up about two weeks after the last one ended, with poor Arkin still in the box, of course. Some people assumed that Arkin died at the end of the last one, but he's still alive, and he's going to continue to cause trouble for ‘The Collector’ on very unfamiliar territory this time. It's a fun little game of cat-and-mouse set in this creepy location with deadly traps around every corner."
- Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime in November 2010.
- This will be in 3D.
- Josh Stewart returns as the lead "Arkin".
- The film will reportedly take place shortly after the events of the first, and we'll follow the outcome of Arkin and his continuing battle with The Collector.
- It's said that we'll learn more back-story on The Collector and why he has such a strange hobby.
- Expect more action this time 'round.
- The sequel to the 2009 horror film, The Collector.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.