No official plot yet.
June 10, 2016
New Line Cinema
- Filming is aimed to begin sometime in the Summer of 2015.
- James Wan returns to direct.
- A rumored direction that the sequel may pursue is as follows: "The case file they’re looking at occures in the late '70s and centers on two sisters in Enfield, England, who were allegedly possessed. Warren said she personally saw them levitate and even saw one of the sister dematerialize in front of her only to be found 20 minutes later stuffed into an oversized fuse box, contorted in such an unnatural way that they couldn't have replicated it if they tried. She also said that the demon spoke directly to her husband on many occasions. Warren cited this case as one of the most terrifying experiences of her career." (8/6/13)
- New Line is pursuing a sequel and potential franchise for The Conjuring with word that they are looking to base more films on the Warren investigations. Other than that, it's still in VERY early development. (7/22/13)
- Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson are already signed on for the sequel.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.