Follows a squad of elite soldiers sent to infiltrate and extract the lead science team from Pine Gap, Australia’s top secret underground military compound, after it comes under attack from unknown forces. The mission is compromised when they encounter a young woman with no memory of who she is or how she came to be there. As they try to escape, the group quickly discovers all is not as it seems and the facility has become a testing ground for something far more sinister.
January 4, 2013 (VOD)(Limited)
June 25, 2013 (DVD)
Now On DVD
Wolf Creek Pictures
Wicked of Oz Studios
Adam Patrick Foster
- IFC Films will distribute in the US.
- Filmed at the Docklands studios in Melbourne, Australia.
- Producer Greg McLean had this to say about the project: "Crawlspace is a very exciting and ambitious project that I am thrilled to be involved in. Justin Dix is a promising new filmmaker, and, true to the science fiction/thriller genre, he has created a nail biting script with plenty of scope for the actors and special effects team."
- This marks FX-guru Justin Dix' directorial debut.
- Financed privately, with a budget "under $3 million."
- Produced by Greg McLean (Wolf Creek, Rogue).
- Described as a "sci-fi action thriller."
- No relation to the 1986 film starring Klaus Kinski.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.