Said to be a "gritty reboot of the gothic iconic character Eric Draven, who returns from the grave as The Crow on a mission to avenge his wife's murder, so that his soul can finally rest."
Edward R. Pressman Film
F. Javier Gutierrez
Alex Tse (early draft)
- Filming is now aimed to begin sometime early 2014.
- Luke Evans (Clash of the Titans, Immortals, The Raven, No One Lives) will apparently star in the film as The Crow.
- Filming was originally aimed to begin sometime in the Fall of 2011.
- Director F. Javier Gutierrez previously helmed the 2008 apocalyptic thriller Before the Fall.
- Jesse Wigutow is now handling writing duties.
- The Weinstein Company (TWC) sued Relativity Media back in April 2011 over distribution rights, which was part of the delay in the development of the project. The lawsuit has now been settled out of court and the two parties will be working in developing the film together, as planned. (1/23/12)
- When Bradley Cooper was still attached to the project some concept art was created for him, which can be seen here.
- It's said that Channing Tatum (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra) and Mark Wahlberg are possibly in line for the role.
- Bradley Cooper (The Hangover, Limitless) was originally set to star as Draven, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.
- It's said that director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo will collaboratively develop the script with writer Alex Tse.
- Previous writer Alex Tse also scripted Watchmen.
- The studio was quoted saying: "The original film is known for its breakthrough visual style as well as its unique production design and cinematography. [Juan Carlos] Fresnadillo and [Alex] Tse are perfectly suited to bring these beloved characters back to life, and to create a world worthy of this modern classic."
- One of the producers was quoted saying: "The original Crow was groundbreaking cinema; its Gothic visual and musical ideas influenced a generation and cinema itself. With Juan Carlos, we have every confidence that his new Crow will have a similar impact on the contemporary audience."
- The story will once again focus on the character "Eric Draven".
- At one point Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) was going to direct.
- Stephen Norrington (Blade, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) was once said to be directing.
- Announced in 2008, the project has gone through the hands of several writers and potential directors.
- The Crow began as a comic book series by James O’Barr, which was published in 1989. A film was later made in 1994, which was followed by three sequels and a television series in 1998.
- A "re-invention" of the 1994 film that starred Brandon Lee.