Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother’s affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica’s plans for the future, Barb’s young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (voiced again by Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn’t know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He’s determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he’s going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.
Universal 1440 Entertainment
- Filmed in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Brad Dourif returns to voice Chucky.
- It's said that this is intended to be a reboot of the franchise and a throwback to "scary Chucky" again, with a darker more serious tone like the first three films.
- Original creator Don Mancini returns to write, produce and direct.
- Going straight to DVD.
- This film will reportedly ignore the previous couple sequels and take place some time after the third.
- No relation to the upcoming remake that's still in development.
- The 6th installment (5th sequel) in the Child's Play franchise.