In this new version, years after the zombie plague has wiped out most of Earth’s population, a group of scientists and survivors attempt to find a cure, and instead open Pandora’s box.
Campbell Grobman Films
Taurus Entertainment Company
- Filming is aimed to begin sometime in the Summer of 2014.
- Co-written and directed by Mark Tonderai (House at the End of the Street).
- New genre label Vicarious Entertainment produces.
- Producer Christa Campbell was quoted saying: "We want to keep it as close to the Romero version as possible to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in World War Z."
- The producers hope to have it out for a 2014 theatrical release.
- The budget is aimed to be between 10 and 20-million.
- Actress-turned-producer Christa Campbell co-produces alongside Millennium Films and Taurus Entertainment Company, both of which also produced the 2008 remake.
- This marks the second attempt at remaking the original, the first being the 2008 straight-to-DVD film, which starred Mena Suvari, Nick Cannon and Ving Rhames.
- A "modern day retelling" of the classic 1985 George A. Romero film with the same name.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.