No official plot yet, but it's said to draw inspiration from the teaser, and focus around a family trying to survive on an island during a zombie outbreak.
Sean Daniel Company
Sunny Field Productions
- In the very early stages of development, as a writer to adapt the project hasn't even been set yet. (9/27/11)
- Lionsgate (who owns the rights to the film adaptation) president Joe Drake was quoted saying: "This is exactly the type of property we’re looking to adapt at Lionsgate – it’s sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential."
- It's said that the story will focus on "family ties and non-linear storytelling."
- The project is said to be drawing its inspiration from the first trailer that was released for the game in February 2011, where it received hundreds of thousands of views in just a matter of days. You can view the trailer here.
- Based on the video game with the same name.