Based on the game, Dead Rising takes place during a large-scale zombie outbreak. When a mandatory government vaccine fails to stop the infection from spreading, the four leads must evade infection while also pursuing the root of the epidemic, with all signs pointing to a government conspiracy.
- Filmed in Vancouver, Canada.
- Rob Riggle will join the cast as "Frank West, a weathered photo-journalist skilled in surviving Zombie attacks."
- Harley Morenstein will play "Pyro, a menacing biker and Logan’s (Aleks Paunovic) second-in-command."
- Aleks Paunovic portrays "Logan, a hard criminal and the head of a biker gang."
- Keegan Connor Tracey will take on the role of "Jordan, a straight-laced journalist."
- Directed by Zach Lipovsky (Leprechaun: Origins).
- One of the producers was quoted saying: "Dead Rising has a built-in fan base and rich characters and plotlines that are ideal for digital storytelling and on target for Legendary’s brand. Crackle and Content are adept at distributing cutting-edge digital content and we look forward to delivering a highly engaging and cool series for a global audience."
- Apparently the streaming service/site Crackle will be first to release the film then sometime after it will get the standard on-demand and DVD release.
- The film will reportedly be released in both full length and episodic formats, much like they did with the recent Mortal Kombat adaptation.
- Produced by Contradiction Films (Mortal Kombat: Legacy).
- Based on the hit video game with the same name.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.