On his 18th birthday, Johnny Petrie learns he was adopted when he inherits a farm in Maine, abandoned for the 18 years since his natural family died at the hands of his father, the local preacher. Eager for a new life, he leaves home to start over in his new dwelling. However, as he digs into his past, he soon uncovers the horrifying details of his father's questionable teachings. In a frightening revelation, he also learns that his return has revived decades-old forces trapped in the home and sets in motion a heart-stopping finale to a ritual that already claimed the lives of his family.
- Will air on the Chiller channel in October 2012.
- Filmed entirely on location in Canterbury, CT on an actual abandoned farm.
- Said to continues the current supernatural thriller trend of using more old school, subtle scares as opposed to heavy CG.
- It's said that though the novel jumps back and forth between the past and present, the movie will focus on one part and use the other as a jumping off point.
- Written by John Doolan (Remains) who also occasionally posts reviews here on UHM.
- Based on the novel with the same name by Michael Laimo.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.