Set in the 26th century in deep space, where an engineer who responds to a distress signal from a mining ship finds the vessel infested with monstrous creatures called Necromorphs. The creatures are human corpses, reanimated by an alien virus.
- Director D.J. Caruso revealed recently that there's a storyline they have in mind and it's a "prequel of sorts" to the first game. He and the studio are currently still taking pitches from writers.
- EA and D.J. Caruso are currently talking to a number of potential screenwriters, and once they set a writer and EA signs off on a creative direction, they will auction the property to studios. It's said that it will likely happen in early September.
- Director D.J. Caruso also worked on Disturbia and Eagle Eye.
- The game is the first in a trilogy.
- It's said that the creators of the game were inspired by the 1997 film Event Horizon.
- Based on the hit game with the same name from Electronic Arts.