|Tags: british, Celador Films, creatures, descent, humanoid, Jon Harris, Natalie Jackson Mendoza, nocturnal, part 2, SEQUELS, Shauna MacDonald, the descent, uk|
Following the events after the US ending, Sarah has escaped from the cave and has found aid at a nearby hospital. Now, mentally scarred and unable to speak, she helps lead a search and rescue team back to the cave in hopes of finding survivors.
- Going straight to DVD in the US.
- Filmed in Scotland and London's Ealing Studios.
- All the actresses from the previous film will make in appearance in one form or another: MyAnna Buring, Alex Reid, Nora-Jane Noone and Saskia Mulder will have cameo appearances on footage found on a camcorder deep in the caves.
- Budgeted at an estimated $10-million.
- Actresses Shauna MacDonald and Natalie Mendoza return as characters "Sarah" and "Juno".
- Editor Jon Harris will make his directorial debut with this film.
- Written by James Watkins (My Little Eye).
- When the project was first announced it at the temporary title The De2cent.
- Writer/director of the first film, Neil Marshall, will not return as director, but will remain close to production.
- Original production company Celador Films will return.
- This is the sequel to the highly popular UK film The Descent.
8/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.