|Tags: COMEDY, Dane Cook, Detention, high school, Joseph Kahn, Josh Hutcherson, KILLERS, Shanley Caswell, slasher, Spencer Locke, students, teens|
Tells the story of the senior class at Grizzly Lake high school. The road to graduation is never an easy one, but it's further complicated for these students by the arrival of a slasher movie killer who has seemingly come to life. The only ones who can stop the killer are a handful of students, but they'll have to cut out of detention if they're to stand a chance at saving the world.
- Getting a limited theatrical release before hitting DVD/Blu-ray shelves later in the year.
- The VP at sony was quoted saying the following: "The pace, energy and awesomeness Kahn has achieved in Detention are completely mind-blowing in the best way possible."
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions owns the worldwide distribution rights to the flick.
- Premiered at 2011's SXSW festival.
- Filmed in LA.
- Though still not officially rated by the MPAA, the filmmakers are certain it will receive an R-rating.
- Actress Spencer Locke plays the head cheerleader.
- Actress Shanley Caswell plays the film's "awkward teen".
- Actor Josh Hutcherson also executive produces.
- Comedian/actor Dane Cook also stars.
- "Cinderhella" is said to be the name of the fictional slasher come-to-life.
- Co-writer/director Joseph Kahn reportedly financed the film with his own mone
- Joseph Kahn is a successful commercial and music video director, whom made his feature film debut with 2004's Torque.
- Described as an "apocalyptic, body-swapping, time-traveling teen romantic comedy."
- It's said that there is a time travel element in the story.
- The film is described as "Back To The Future meets Scream, with a hefty dose of John Hughes teen movies."
6/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.