Something very strange happened in the small village of New Bethlehem, a devout community kept under the tight reins of the town's vigilant Elders. Six girls born on the same day to different mothers. Perhaps a coincidence or as most believe a chilling omen of something yet to come. Now, on the eve of their 18th birthday, the young women are mysteriously disappearing one by one and feared dead. Terror has overtaken this quiet community. Could this be the work of a serial killer, one of the village elders or a horrific prophecy come true, born of the supernatural, The Occult?
October 10, 2014 (VOD)
December 16, 2014 (DVD)
PG-13 "disturbing and violent material, some partial nudity and thematic content."
- Originally had an October 11th 2013 release set.
- Originally titled The Occult then The Devil's Rapture and lastly Where the Devil Hides.
- Filmed at the Screen Gems Studios and on locations around Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Alternate synopsis: Story follows a small commune dealing with a prophecy that predicts the coming of the devil's daughter. As the shared 18th birthday of five girls approaches, a sequence of murders causes panic to spread through the community, making some wonder whether the prophecy is coming true or if someone is silencing those who know too much.
- Production studio Liddell Entertainment will also release the pic under its new distribution banner.
- Director Christian Christiansen also helmed The Roommate in 2011.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.