Successful publisher Will Atenton (Craig) quit a job in New York City to relocate his wife, Libby (Weisz), and two girls to a quaint New England town. But as they settle into their new life, they discover their perfect home was the murder scene of a mother and her children. And the entire city believes it was at the hands of the husband who survived.
When Will investigates the tragedy, his only lead comes from Ann Paterson (Watts), a neighbor who was close to the family that died. As Will and Ann piece together the disturbing puzzle, they discover that the story of the last man to leave Will's dream house will be just as horrifying to the one who came next.
September 30, 2011
January 31, 2012 (DVD)
Now On DVD
Morgan Creek Productions
PG-13 "violence, terror, some sexuality and brief strong language."
Rachel G. Fox
- Originally set for a February 18, 2011 theatrical release.
- Originally recevied an R-rating by the MPAA for "some violence."
- The film underwent a two-week reshoot on September 27th back in Toronto, Canada. Details as to what or why they're reshooting hasn't been revealed.
- Filmed at the Pinewood Studios in Toronto, Canada.
- Universal will distribute the film.
- Actor Gregory Smith (Everwood) plays a punk rocker obsessed with the past events surrounding the home.
- Originally said to be directed by Erik Van Looy (Memory of a Killer).
- Produced by Ehren Kruger and Daniel Bobker.
- Written by David Loucka.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.