Revolves around a deputy whose mission is protecting the threatened grizzly bear suddenly finds himself conflicted when a massive rogue grizzly wreaks havoc on a local Alaskan community. Enlisting the help of his estranged brother, he enters the labyrinthian Grizzly Maze to track down his wife who’s gone missing before the bear does. As the body count mounts, and an infamous bear hunter enters the fray determined to take down the bear he’s been waiting for his whole life, no one is safe in the harsh Alaskan wilds.
- Open Road Films will distribute in the US.
- Filmed in Vancouver, Canada.
- Old synopsis: Two estranged brothers reunite at their childhood home in the Alaskan wilderness and attempt to mend their troubled past. Together with their girlfriends, they embark on a camping adventure that goes horribly awry when they are relentlessly stalked and attacked by a grizzly bear on a rampage -- the Red Machine.
- Originally titled Red Machine and Endangered.
- Piper Perabo will play "a deaf photographer who is engaged to Beckett (Thomas Jane), whom she met during the Iraq War."
- David Hackl had this to say about the project: "In Red Machine I want to examine the thrill of very real fear. An audience is more easily drawn in by a story that they consider plausible and relatable -- something that could actually take place in the real world. Just by the premise you know something bad is going to happen."
- Billy Bob Thornton plays "a legendary bear expert and hunter."
- Director David Hackl served as production designer for several of the Saw films before making his directorial debut with Saw V.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.