No official plot yet, but it's said will follow directly after the events of the first.
Ghost House Pictures
- News hit the web recently that Federico Alvarez was no longer involved with the project. That was debunked, as recent reports indicate that he still plans to work on the sequel, but at the moment the priority is Sam Raimi's Evil Dead 4 AKA Army of Darkness 2. (10/31/13)
- Federico Alvarez revealed at this year's WonderCon that if successful, he would like to not only proceed with this sequel, but also tie it in with the original franchise, especially since Raimi is reportedly going to be working on Evil Dead IV AKA Army of Darkness 2. The tie-in would occur in a 7th Evil Dead film that would combine both the original and rebooted franchises. It's uncertain whether this will actually happen, especially since all this talk is a bit premature at the moment, but time will tell. (3/30/13)
- It's said that the tone will be like the second half of the first, as it continues to escalate and be more over the top.
- It's said that this sequel will not be a remake (like its predecessor), but instead directly follow the events of the first and tell "a whole different story."
- Federico Alvarez is back to write and direct.
- Jane Levy reportedly returns as "Mia."
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.