No official plot yet.
No official plot yet.
- Producer Rob Tapert had a round table interview recently where he revealed that there's still a possibility of another Evil Dead movie, saying: "Nothing's off the table. We're thinking about what that could be. And who that would please. And what is that? Sam talked for many, many years teasing the world about, 'We're going to make Evil Dead 4,' and that kind of turned into a TV series. Now Bruce and I are going, 'There's a possibility of a movie here.' We'll see what happens." (8/01/16)
- Apparently Bruce Campbell, Raimi, and the rest of the Evil Dead crew are now working on a half-hour Evil Dead television series that's set to air on STARZ in 2015. Titled Ash Vs. Evil Dead, the 10-episode series will see Bruce return as Ash (along with a couple new characters to aid him) as he faces off against a "Deadite plague that threatens to destroy all mankind." Here's what Bruce had to say about deciding on a show instead of another film: "We realized if we made another movie, frankly, it would probably be too expensive. But in the format of a TV show, we could give people exactly what they wanted and expand the character and the story even more." So it seems this sequel is put on hold for now, possibly forever. (12/23/14)
- Despite much of whats been said, Bruce Campbell had a recent interview where he revealed that "It's all Internet b.s. - there's no reality whatsoever." Many believe (including myself) that its just Campbell attempting to distance himself a bit from the project since it's still in the very early stages of development, because it's pretty clear from various sources that it is indeed happening. It's just a matter of when at this moment. (11/5/13)
- Not that it should really come as a surprise, but Evil Dead remake director Fede Alvarez recently confirmed via Twitter that Sam Raimi will indeed be directing the film. (10/28/13)
- Bruce Campbell reportedly told fans at the Wizard World Nashville Comic-Con recently that yes, indeed Raimi is working on an Army of Darkness 2. (10/21/13)
- Federico Alvarez (writer/director of the remake) revealed at this year's WonderCon that if successful, he would like to not only proceed with Evil Dead 2, but also tie it in with the original franchise, especially since Raimi is reportedly going to be working on Evil Dead IV AKA Army of Darkness 2. The tie-in would occur in a 7th Evil Dead film that would combine both the original and rebooted franchises. It's uncertain whether this will actually happen, especially since all this talk is a bit premature at the moment, but time will tell. (3/30/13)
- As many are probably aware, Army of Darkness has two endings: the main one ending with Ash back at S-Mart taking out a Deadite, while the other found Ash waking up in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. In a recent interview Bruce Campbell revealed that he would prefer to pick up with the alternate ending, saying: "I would think the post-Apocalyptic because it gives great possibilities for an Omega Man movie, and who he might be fighting against. It would be a very interesting world. But I’m fine either way. I’m sure Sam will concoct some ridiculous story and an outrageous journey, so I don’t really care where it starts and ends. The fun thing is working again with Sam Raimi. That’s the only reason to do these incredibly difficult movies than work for a guy who you really like working with and who you respect." (3/30/13)
- Recent reports indicate that this sequel will actually follow directly after Army of Darkness, and that the title would actually be more along the lines of Army of Darkness 2 because of that. (3/9/13)
- In a recent interview Raimi revealed the following: "I would love to make Evil Dead 4. My brother and I plan to work on the script this summer." Only time will tell if this proves true. (3/1/13)
- Recent news broke that Sam Raimi is suing a company called Award Pictures after they've apparently registered the Evil Dead trademark, with hopes to bring forth their own sequel titled Evil Dead 4: Consequences. Raimi believes this would only cause confusion and definitely infringe on copyrights within the franchise, especially with his intention to deliver his own sequel sometime in the future. You can read all the details here. (5/4/12)
- If indeed this project does happen, it wont for some years since Sam is busy doing various other projects, including producing the current Evil Dead remake.
- The film might be titled Army of Darkness II instead of what you see above.
- This project is just "in talks" right now, as original writer/director Sam Raimi has expressed a lot of interest in doing another sequel, but wont do it without Bruce returning as Ash.
- The obvious sequel to the Evil Dead franchise.