|Tags: blood, Bruce Campbell, COMEDY, DEMONS, evil dead, Ghost House Pictures, gore, Ivan Raimi, possessed, Possession, Sam Raimi, SEQUELS|
No official plot yet.
- Federico Alvarez (writer/director of the remake) revealed at this year's WonderCon that if successful, he would like to not only proceed with Evil Dead 2, but also tie it in with the original franchise, especially since Raimi is reportedly going to be working on Evil Dead IV AKA Army of Darkness 2. The tie-in would occur in a 7th Evil Dead film that would combine both the original and rebooted franchises. It's uncertain whether this will actually happen, especially since all this talk is a bit premature at the moment, but time will tell. (3/30/13)
- As many are probably aware, Army of Darkness has two endings: the main one ending with Ash back at S-Mart taking out a Deadite, while the other found Ash waking up in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. In a recent interview Bruce Campbell revealed that he would prefer to pick up with the alternate ending, saying: "I would think the post-Apocalyptic because it gives great possibilities for an Omega Man movie, and who he might be fighting against. It would be a very interesting world. But I’m fine either way. I’m sure Sam will concoct some ridiculous story and an outrageous journey, so I don’t really care where it starts and ends. The fun thing is working again with Sam Raimi. That’s the only reason to do these incredibly difficult movies than work for a guy who you really like working with and who you respect." (3/30/13)
- Recent reports indicate that this sequel will actually follow directly after Army of Darkness, and that the title would actually be more along the lines of Army of Darkness 2 because of that. (3/9/13)
- In a recent interview Raimi revealed the following: "I would love to make Evil Dead 4. My brother and I plan to work on the script this summer." Only time will tell if this proves true. (3/1/13)
- Recent news broke that Sam Raimi is suing a company called Award Pictures after they've apparently registered the Evil Dead trademark, with hopes to bring forth their own sequel titled Evil Dead 4: Consequences. Raimi believes this would only cause confusion and definitely infringe on copyrights within the franchise, especially with his intention to deliver his own sequel sometime in the future. You can read all the details here. (5/4/12)
- If indeed this project does happen, it wont for some years since Sam is busy doing various other projects, including producing the current Evil Dead remake.
- The film might be titled Army of Darkness II instead of what you see above.
- This project is just "in talks" right now, as original writer/director Sam Raimi has expressed a lot of interest in doing another sequel, but wont do it without Bruce returning as Ash.
- The obvious sequel to the Evil Dead franchise.