For five friends, it was a chance for a summer getaway— a weekend of camping in the Texas Big Thicket. But visions of a carefree vacation are shattered with an accident on a dark and desolate country road. In the wake of the accident, a bloodcurdling force of nature is unleashed—something not exactly human, but not completely animal— an urban legend come to terrifying life…and seeking murderous revenge.
- Lionsgate will distribute in the US.
- Director Eduardo Sanchez was quoted saying: "This movie harkens back to the earlier and really creepy Bigfoot films that scared me as a child like The Legend of Boggy Creek. Everything we’ve seen of Bigfoot has been from the first-person view such as the Patterson film when you see him moving through the woods. That’s why this particular subject is ideal t shoot from the found footage perspective."
- Weta Workshop and Spectral Motion are collaborating with the production team on the design and build of the monster, to be portrayed by Brian Steele (Hellboy, Predators, Underworld trilogy).
- Director/co-writer Eduardo Sanchez had this to say about the film: "We all remember the terror of watching such classics as 'The Legend of Boggy Creek,' and I look forward to making Bigfoot scary again."
- This marks Eduardo Sánchez's return to the "found footage" sub-genre since The Blair Witch Project.
- Said to be the first in a planned trilogy "exploring and reinventing the Bigfoot myth".
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.